Who doesn’t love a dish of spaghetti laden with tomato sauce, a popsicle on a summer day, or a delicious handful of blueberries. However, these foods and other can actually stain your pearly whites. Learn about which foods and drinks stain your teeth the most and how to prevent this from happening.
Foods That Stain Teeth
• Blueberries and blackberries
• Tomato sauce
• Colored candy
• Soy Sauce
• Balsamic Vinegar
Drinks That Stain Teeth
• Red wine
• Colas and other dark colored sodas
• Fruit juices like cranberry or grape juice
How To Prevent Staining
Just because these foods and drinks stain your teeth doesn’t mean you have to give them up completely. Here are a few steps to take to prevent these items from staining your teeth.
• Avoid these foods and drinks in excess.
• Use a straw when drinking tooth-staining beverages.
• Don’t let food sit in your mouth for a long period of time. Once it’s chewed, swallow.
• Brush or rinse your mouth after consuming tooth-staining foods and drinks.
• Brush and floss your teeth regularly.